View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #25
Sierra Thumper OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
You need a dual-sport helmet option on your poll.

I've been pretty happy with a Shoei Hornet DS with Pinlock's for winter riding here in the PNW.
Thats one reason I started this thread....honestly I've been out of the dirt game for so long I wasn't exactly sure what folks were wearing anymore......I didn't even know what a dual-sport helmet was I do now tho I think I might start shopping soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriver View Post
I use a Neotech with a G9 heaset. It goes on all rides mud, street, trail, slab and when I need a visor I flip the tab and get the Star Wars built in sun visor and love it. The Full face and is a no go...When my face needs a scratch I flip up the front and get er done. The Dual Sport cap......NO...That cool guy sun visor catches wind or gets broken.
I might check that out with some of the others mentioned

Thanks for all the feedback guys

It looks like so far 60% of us like full face coverage.....I kinda prefer it myself. My bike came with a Shoei (spelling?) moto style helmet but I haven't even looked it over close yet....I've just been wearing my Aria street helmet. I'm so used to the full face street that I feel completely fine with it in the gnarliest dirt riding. Plus it lets me hear my tunes very well at slower off road speeds. I usually run with sunglasses and the face shield up or cracked for day riding in the dirt.
I'm still going to check out some DS helmets tho, always good to keep an open mind, and I didn't even know the new breed of DS helmets existed till this thread