View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #130
Slowphil OP
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,531
Banos de Agua Santa: a little tourist town which rightly holds the description of a great place to visit. If there's anything you have wanted to try in extreme sport this is the place, Paragliding, scuba, bungee jumping, canyoning, rappelling, horseback riding, if you want to do it somebody is selling it and the town is nice as well

church at centro

We were there over the Day of the Dead which is party time everywhere south of the USA

small waterfall right in town at the hot springs, sit in the hot hot water of the springs and then stand under the cold cold water falls, it's quite a feeling

fireworks downtown with rockets going off all day long

the local police band played and they were pretty good

but every second song was played by the band behind them, a bit of a competition going on

there were all sorts of things going on in the downtown area, this guy had quite a crowd gathered round

These guys were good enough on the pan flutes they convinced me to cough up $5 and buy one of their CD's, it was painful but I had to do it

the Tuk Tuk's were in the town in the hundreds but this one was special, the dog looked completely blaise about being chauffered around in his own Tuk Tuk and the owner looked a little off the wall as well

I tried to do a lot of walking while I was there to loosen my knees up a bit, the side streets are not quite as fancy as the main streets

main street

back street, there's lots of money in the town from tourism but the average person is not rich

stayed at the Hostal Plants y Blanco which was cheap, $7 in a 4 person dorm, comfortable, nicely kept with lots of interesting people around and secure parking for the bikes. Edited to add,the young backpackers convinced me to head downtown with them the last evening, 3am I finally rolled back in while they were still partying hard. I was up and on the road at 8am the next morning while the youngsters were still nowhere to be seen

and the kitchen

where I produced such cullinary delights as this

but it was now time to move on to Peru

Slowphil screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 07:58 PM
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote