View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
macrae85 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Finally get out onto the R509,and head back for fuel at Ketama......
U-turn around and head for Fes,finally heating up,been frozen since i arrived,mainly due
to elevation!Nice sunny ride,and apart from a guy cutting a corner and a couple of slippy
wet bits on the road-i stopped to see if i had a soft tyre at one point,uneventful!Arrived in
Ain-Aicha to see over 200 Mitsubishi & Renault tipper trucks parked up.....i have no idea
why......

As this photo shows the craziness of Morocco.......people and a HORSE in the rear,and a truck overtaking
on a 'solid' white line(not to mention a Scotsman getting his camera out his pocket at 40mph :p ).

Sorry about the quality.......a Go-Pro camera is on my 'wish list'!
Finally arrive Fes to be accosted by a guy i wish i'd rather not met,best described as a pest.He lied about the
hotel,but i couldn't have found better,very quite,but expensive(45 Euros per night),and he set up a guide i did not
want,150DH! Obviously on commision,yet he is looking for me to pay him,yeah right!!!
Food is excellent,4 course meal was 180DM,not cheap,but i'm on one meal per day,and it's worth paying for!

Fes city walls!
Nice to have a day off the bike,this hotel,the Riad Khouloud Guest House,a 300yr old building,within
ancient Fes is the quietest place so far in Morocco,with free internet,nice to chill out in!
www.riadkhouloud.com
macrae85 is offline   Reply With Quote