View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
kobukan OP
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
I have one question if I may, not sure if I missed the info as my head is full of new input on Mexico, my understanding is we can't get through to Batopilas?, we will come in from the top at Creel so would be looking to head out through the south if possible or we committed to an in and back out to Creel?
They're in the process of paving the old main route to Batopilas and it was not passable when I was there. Paving is expected to take another four years to reach Batopilas.

The best route to Batopilas currently is from Creel to Guachochi, then on through Yoquivo to Batopilas. There is another route to the east, but I have heard it is pretty rough and I haven't heard of many people trying it. One of the locals I spoke with told me there was only one way to Batopilas - through Guachochi and Yoquivo.

As far as I know you'll have to ride back out to Guachochi from Batopilas. There may be some other route south from Batopilas, but I really don't know as I wasn't planning to head that way - may be not much more than jeep trails.

Here are some links to posts on the road conditions: Link, Link, Link

Good luck & safe travels
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote