View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I did a few searches and didn't find what I was looking for. It seems hard to believe that there isn't a mega-thread on this topic on advrider... So if there is, could someone please provide me a link? Otherwise...

I just dumped Apple for a Samsung Galaxy S3. On my iPhone I had been using Navigon. I know it is available for purchase for my GS3, but I was really unhappy with the app on my iPhone and am not in a hurry to give it a try on my new phone. What are you guys using for cell signal-free navigation? I ride on the street virtually always. I wander off onto some light trails occasionally, but it happens so infrequently and I'm usually close enough to a paved road that I don't need offroad navigation capability. I just want a good road navigation app.

So, what say ye advrider?
navigation = googles own nav, built into google maps is the best in the world

offroad/offline = dualsportmaps (bad ui, ok offline, ok app), or oruxmaps, or whatever you find on the market.

for offline, I've given up on having a good reliable app. they jujst freeze, c rash, track wrong, or loose gps signal for no apparent reason. just today dualsportmaps had my phone shutting down while hiking. oruxmaps has the shittiest re-referencing and repositioning spontinaity ever.

ill be happy when they finally make offline maps effing WORK without all the extra bs settings, options, and stupid ui mistaks.