Thread: Norra 2013
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #155
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert650 View Post
I agree, self reliant is a must (undeniable). $600 to mag 7 for a "SCORE baja 1000" would be very "cheap," but for a NORRA type race, I don't think it is - there's no comparison logistics wise, or entry wise.
Relying on your paid support (Mag7 in this case) shouldn't be foolish at all. I've been a CHECKER for approx 10 years, so I know a thing or two about organizing pits, communicating with race teams, and relying on pits for support when racing. I've never "dropped the ball" when transporting fuel for a racecar/truck out to a pit, and neither has any of my club members - so I've never expected little in return.

If a "pit club" is going to offer pit support to racers (and charge them for it), then they better be able to back it up.

Being on a vintage CR500, I made the mistake (foolishy) of paying and relying on Mag7 to deliver pump gas to 6 pits (over 3 days). It's a pretty simple task actually, why would I expect anything else? But you say I should have "expected little?" HAHAHHA!!! Geez, I would have gladly paid double to "expect a little more than nothing." Or even triple to "expect something above average."

HAHAHAHA!

But whatever, $hit happens, right? Lesson learned. Hopefully some of you can learn from my mistake as well.
Mag 7 was not good !!! at the NORRA Race this year.

Twice they were Set up in the wrong place.(day 1 and day 4)
one time on day 3 they did not make it to the pit location at all
most racers made it ,some with help from other racers.
Live and learn ............................