View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #88
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,709
More fast photos

After all of these weeks of riding to places were I could enjoy the serenity and peace of my favorite places I was feeling the need for something faster and louder. I spent the last two weekends enjoying some two wheeled competition and thought I'd post a little of the action.

With race seasons winding down I caught the last Supermoto USA race at Prarie City (Hangtown). I can't ever get tired of watching guys slide bikes on pavement in a manner that I have to be in the dirt to do! As usual the atmosphere was typical grass roots racing and I made a lot of new friends.

Now I don't want to flood my OWN thread with 100 photos so here's a few of my favs and if you'd like to see more here's a link to the entire gallery at my Smugmug page.

http://desertdave.smugmug.com/Other/...6275034_VLfTMX

Note the smoking boot....yeah baby!!

Last weekend it was Vertical Dirt. Skips at Carnagie was holding the last Hillclimb of the season. Skip was kind enough to allow me on the hill for a different perspective then I've ever experiencd before. This hillclimb is some of the most difficult photography I've ever done, besides challenging light and action you really need to put yourself in harms way to get some of the angles I wanted. Sometimes out of control bikes rocketing towards me, roost hitting my back and the constant falling rocks from above that could take you out, all while trying to move and balance on hill so steep I can barely stand. I saw one hill worker fall and roll at least 100 feet. Challenging and exciting....exactley why I had so much fun and can't wait to try it again!

Full gallery here http://desertdave.smugmug.com/Motorc...6403981_fpmwwZ

Life on the hill

Desert Dave screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 07:25 PM
Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote