View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #396
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,546
I wandered around in the Sierra Gorda mountains around Jalpan today. Came down to get something to eat this afternoon and sat in front ot the Casa de la Cultura and used their free wifi to upload stories and check email and heard back from MikeMike in Veracruz. So it looks like I'll be meeting him down in Coatepec on Sunday for a ride around backcountry estado de Veracruz. He suggested the Jimmex ride. Sounds good to me. Jimmex is coincidentally my latest sponsor. Chief Executive in charge of the Entertainment Division. So I will be dedicating Sunday's pictures and stories to my man Jimmex. Should be fun.

Didn't take any pictures today. Sorry. Having too much fun riding in the morning and goofing off all afternoon. My computer was down to 8% battery and I saw a nice place across the street from the culture center where I was sitting this afternoon called Posada Karina with secure parking, wifi, cable TV and hot showers for 250 pesos. My batteries needed charging and I needed a shower so I decided to splurge and got a room and promptly fell asleep and woke up as dark clouds were moving in.

So here I am at:

N 21 13.142'
W 99 28.585'

Here's a pic of the room:

Nice clean place with the bike outside the door in the locked courtyard.
I spent 320 pesos on gas food and lodging today or $25.60

Best,
John Downs

JDowns screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 01:58 AM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote