View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #132
Slowphil OP
REALLY Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
It's a real let down when you leave a place like Banos and the road can sometimes seem like a grind moving every day, we have figured out that we now have a new schedule 25th December in Ushuiau and we have to start hustling to make it, it's times like this I envy Crashmeister with his two years of travelling. Anyway we decided to head for the coast and run down it for a couple of days

but first heading for the borders

I have to interrupt myself here, I'm sitting in my room in Casma Peru typing this and someone is playing the pan pipes out on the street and it's echoing up through the courtyard, the player is excellent and the music is beautiful

the colours in the pictures are exactly correct, that's the kind of day it was

the country is still tough to move through, it takes forever to make 100 kms

and every now and then after honking down the road you come around a curve to see this

ended up at Macara right on the Peruvian border, actually not a bad place for a border town, clean and the people were pleasant and relatively safe for a border town

next morning we were at the border early and surprise--it was very relaxed, quick with a few laughs thrown in for good measure, edited-the aduana and migration people on both sides were very nice to work with

goodbye Ecuador I had some really good times

and hello Peru I hope your as welcoming

and next: disappointment

Slowphil screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 08:04 PM
Slowphil is offline   Reply With Quote