View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #203
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjinSan View Post
- try some "activities" for the first time in my life: surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, zip-lining or any other stuff that is available and quite cheap.

Thanks,
Alex
I'm a Scuba Diving Instructor. Scuba Diving is not cheap, but for "less expensive" scuba diving in a world class environment, I suggest Roatan in Honduras, which would also be a pretty cheap place with great beaches to relax a week in a hammock like you express.

Belize has the "Blue Hole" which is also a world renowned scuba diving destination, but I'm not sure about pricing.

I have a very good friend of mine who owns a Dive Center in Panama (close to Portobello). The diving is not as good as in Roatan or Belize, but if you've never dove before, you will enjoy it immensely anyways. And I can personally vouch for the quality of the instructors at that particular dive center. E-Mail me if you want me to put you guys in touch so he can quote you for some diving, snorkeling and even cheap accommodations (maybe?)

I haven't been there myself, but have read numerous reports here on ADV about a great time in El Salvador. For what it's worth, I would not miss it. You have the time, so inform yourself about the problem areas and simply avoid them.

Drum bun!