View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #65
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,697
WOW sorry some extended time in Newf'nlaaand has slowed me up!

OK where were we.... we all decided to ride up to Deadhorse Point State park.

Good to be riding with Alex again.....

Beautiful views fer sure and a sense of comraderie between us all...

Shakesbeer, in2dabluz, Guido and Biglv gett'n some sun. Biglv rides very well!

New to offroading "Shakesbeer" Jim, rode all the way out from New York to hang with the gang, he did excellent!

Overlooking the White Rim Trail, which Al and I'll be rid'n in a few days...

Alex is bored waiting for the group to go so he starts doin' tight donuts in the parking lot... getting sooo tight he hits his tool tube and crashes, knocking the end cap off LOL!

Marty decides to show us another trail dropping down onto Colorado the river, so a few of us follow him down.

This dirt stuff is still new to Esther....

But she and Laura are all smiles anyhow....

Yes I can hear the Earth whispering to me....

Laura and Marty...

Just try'n to figure out what she's whispering...

Back down on the CO we decide to do some cooling off at Gold Bar...

Esther and Laura decide to walk across the river which they easily can and loop back around.

While they were crossing I decided to show the young kids camping here that the cliff was goood to jump off! I swam up under the overhang to check the depth, then jumped a time or two.... well over my head all goood! Then I went a bit to the left and.... THANK God-Great Spirit-Mother Earth-Sister Water everyone, which ever you wanna say... that I didn't dive!
Because just a few feet left she shallows up... ALOT and I landed sitting on my ass in the mud!!! Water barely over my knees! Marty said the look on my face was PRICELESS! I bet it was... whoa maaaaan another close call, as I avoid paralysis.
The girls almost to the spot...

We get suited up and ride back to camp...

Most of these folks Esther, Alex and I have never met... but as the days go bye we all warm up to one another. Tonight is the camp raffle and chow down session so we'll get to bust ass and get to know each other even better yet.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 08:24 AM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote