View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
K. L. Rocket OP
Big bouncy make big happy

Oddometer: 1,127
RSPV for Dinner

One week away now.

Latest from MNF:

"There has been a change of plans since the last email I sent out... We recommend bringing a 4X4 vehicle as we will be driving to an undisclosed location. At this location we will be doing some hand work on trail tread maintenance and replacement and installation of some signs and barriers that burnt in the Mill Fire."

I've got an email out asking if dual sport motorcycles will be permitted in lieu of 4 x 4s and if there will be 4 x 4 transportation for those who arrive by other means. I'll post more about this when I receive a reply.

"At the end of the event we will meet back at Davis Flat Campground where we have a sponsor that will be feeding us. They will be packing the food up in to go containers so volunteers can pick up the food and leave if they want or need to. I am asking for a head count for this event so I can let our sponsor how much food to prepare. So if you are potentially coming next weekend please shoot me an email [jctaggart@fs.fed.us] and let me know (this doesn’t mean you are committed to come, just that you might.)"

"10:00am-10:30am – Meet at Davis Flat Campground – Look for the Us Forest Service Vehicles and personnel.
At this time we will go over the volunteer agreements, project (location) and discuss any job hazards or safety concerns related to this project.
10:45am – Meet at Jobsite with assigned US Forest Service Personnel
Please bring your necessary PPE (listed below) and water with you at this time.
10:45am-12:00pm – We will be driving to an undisclosed location – 4X4 vehicles are recommended
12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch – Please bring lunch with you as we will be on location away from Fouts Springs the entire event
1:00pm-3:00pm – Continue work
3:00pm-4:00pm – Gather all tools, equipment, debrief and return to Davis Flat

IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW

What we need you to bring is your PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) such as:

1. Boots (over the ankle)
2. Gloves (we have extras if you do not have a pair)
3. Eye Protection (safety glasses)
4. Hard Hat (we will have extras if you need one)
5. Long sleeves and pants

All these items will be required to work at this event.

Also bring your foul weather gear such as: Rain Gear and Wind Gear (windbreaker) as this event will be rain, wind or shine."

K. L. Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote