View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #19
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
I feel your pain with the complexity of welding the rear tank.
Nice job on that rear tank. I found my biggest problem doing the rear tank is I just jumped into it and didn't really think it through, especially the rear cowling where the lights would be. So I had to end up butchering the whole thing up.

On this build I will be much more careful about laying it out. Also need to be careful about how the fuel travels in the tank and if I created any dead spots like my first tank.

I want to get a factory rear end complete with lights, blinkers, license plate holder in hand before I start this tank so I can make sure it will just bolt on. Any suggestions?

Also probably going to make another seat, my Fz1 seat is really comfy and I have plenty of black suede left.

Sanjoh, Totally understand your point now. My Fz1 suffers from that. I just live with it. I really can't step down to the 43 because my wheels won't swap well I guess I could machine spacers, but I already have the forks, wheels and triples. I'll mock it up, I imagine I will quickly see the issue you are having. I could always cut scallops out of the frame and brace it back up.

Wish me luck on getting the bike, Tuesday 12PM High Noon baby

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote