View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #12
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
The next morning I'm sore, I've polished off the 2 liters of water that I bought early throughout the night.
I have breakfast with the Baja crew that came in last night and discuss route options and share a few more stories.

The man the runs Mike's comes up to me as I'm packing up and asks which direction I'm heading in. I tell him down the backside of the mountain.
He informs me that the trail is in bad shape and suggest a different way that would be better.
I figure he knows what he's talking about and since yesterday's mishap I take his advice and head back out the way I came, just changing the route enough to avoid blacktop.
I find the road out of town that will take me to El Costeno by going through farm roads.
The road starts off with desert scenery and then turns into lush farm land.

Before long I'm pulling into Colonia Camalu to see one of my way points.
Shipwreck

Makes me wonder if it's the bird crap or the salt water eating this thing up.

I ride the coast for several miles before I make the turn off to head towards San Quintin. I spot four BMW riders on the side of the road after they'd filled up there bikes.
They tell me that they've just done the back road out of Mike's and I'm disappointed that I didn't.
They asked why not and I told them it wasn't advised for me to go that way.
One takes the first jab at the rivalry of which bike is better KTM or BMW with "you could have made it, after all your on the 2nd best bike ever made". And so it went on.
It was just good fun and we're all laughing at the comments we're making to each other. They give me a name of a hotel in El Rosario and we part our ways as they're north bound.

I guess I get the last jab here. We can see what bike they're standing around. KTM magnetismo.

I make it to the recommended hotel "Baja Cactus" and am greeted by a retired couple from New York who own land in La Paz, with a beer.

Before long we're in their van heading to a local taco shop for dinner.

One happy Gringo.

booger1 screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 06:02 PM
booger1 is offline   Reply With Quote