Originally Posted by W-Gator
I'm looking for some functional and protective riding gear. Here's my feedback:
- Effective for 4 season use.
- Not too tight, not too loose.
- Waterproof/ windproof outer layer. No leakage. Having said that, I'm willing to wear a rain suit when needed over otherwise excellent riding gear.
- Good ventilation capability with outer panels in place.
- Removable outer panels on the jacket to expose lots of mesh for maximum ventilation.
- Comfortable neck. If the neck is uncomfortable, its junk.
- Smart design (comfortable and functional) sleeves at wrist with appropriate weather barriers, flaps and zips. Same opinion as for neck comfort. Sleeves need to work with a variety of glove styles.
- Functional and durable zippers.
- 2-way main zipper to enable opening from the bottom as another ventilation option.
- Normal non-eye-searing color options. Hi viz and/ or reflective patches are good.
- Light color options to reflect summer sun rays.
- Ability to zip in a thermal layer.
- Sufficient capacity inside pocket with closure for wallet, phone, passport. A separate (seldom accessed) chest security pocket for registration/ insurance and spare key. A couple of reasonably sized outer pockets with closures. No need to go crazy about the number of outside pockets.
- Sufficiently long leg zips to enable easily donning and removing pants with boots on.
- Adjustability for positioning knee armor so that it stays in the right place.
- Waist adjustment to accommodate with or without other pants under the riding pants.
When will you have my set built?
put a price on it ;) what is all of that worth to you?