View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
teizms OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredsurfer View Post
.... and it has preformed as advertised and the versatility is fantastic.

However, like many here, the suit makes me feel like I'm wearing a cardboard box - even after plenty of break in. I think the key to using this material is in "panels" - i.e. put kevlar in areas that receive a lot of air flow for the rider on any bike, and then sew it to your "superfabric" to give the garment some type of shape. Also because of the fit of my kevlar suit, I always feel like no matter how much I cinch it in place, it would still "twist" over my body in a crash. Perhaps having a more fitted suit would prevent that? I dunno.

I assume you won't be offering a liner either because I know you prefer over-suits.

KLIM will be introducing their version of a kevlar suit this year - but guaranteed their version will be too much dough for most. There is an opportunity here.

Speaking of, here's another opportunity - let me send my Motoport suit to you to tailor the garment to have some type of fit and shape to it. I tell you what, I volunteer my suit for prototyping - you just send back something cool for me to wear :)
2013 is the year of the Jackets & Pants. Our one-piece lineup is already very diverse and complete.

We currently offer thermal liners so that trend can continue for any future products. However, i don't think we will offer any waterproof liners as with our current high-end products. We encourage rain gear on top of your riding suit. With excellent options available for incredibly reasonable prices, we have not felt the need yet to introduce our own waterproof gear.

the comments about comfort are recurring - it will definitely handled.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote