View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #24
wb57 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,969
BBQ Barn, Butner, NC 11/10/2012

Hit the BBQ Barn in Butner, NC today - locally known as The Pink Pig.

102 W B St
Butner, NC 27509
919-575-6068

Nice little place that a friend and I had stopped at to grab a tag in a local game a while back. It was a Sunday, so they were closed, and it was already pretty hot. Someone from inside the store came out - it's closed, remember - and asked if we wanted anything. Said some water would be great and he brought out bottles of water for us and wouldn't take anything for it. Vowed to go back there and eat as soon as I could. Well, today seems like it was the first opportunity I had.

Walk in the front door and there's a menu on a sign board over a cafeteria style serving setup. Sticking to what I've started with, I got the Barbecue plate with two sides - slaw and fries.

Two rooms there - the front room where I ordered which had a half dozen or so counter seats and two or three tables - and the back room where I sat with 12 or 15 tables and booths. It was about 2:30, so the place was pretty empty. Few folks up front and I had the back to myself.

Menu on the table:

Front from looking from where I sat in the back:

The food:
Barbecue was decent, nothing special - fresh, moist, and a hint smoky. Fries were generic, frozen, crinkle cut. Slaw was basic, slightly sweet utility slaw. The hushpuppies were also very slightly sweet, fresh and hot. What really stood out here to me was their sauce. They had the ever present Texas Pete and two of their own. One was a reddish vinegar with their spices and the other was very likely some of the best I've ever run across anywhere. Spicy cider vinegar sauce that I typically find pretty boring, but theirs stood out from just about any I've ever had. Not sure what their ingredients were, but tasted various chilis as well as black pepper.

$6.99 + tax and a tip jar on the counter.

Another good stop.

Urbanspoon.com: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/25/11940...BQ-Barn-Butner

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)

wb57 screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 07:33 PM
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote