View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #94
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,192
Now Challeco

Bordone Ferrari sinks: "Vest" Lopez would leave the Italian team using Tamarugal

November 09, 2012 by Philip Win - (0) comments

Was short-lived dream of having a "vest" Lopez with a KTM staffed by a team point. (Picture: File Bordone Ferrari)

He ended up coming out all wrong with the Bordone Ferrari team. Francisco "Chaleco" Lopez next week announce his departure from the troubled European team and joining the Honda Racing XC Tamarugal, according to information published by El Mercurio with curicano own statements. 've already had advanced a few weeks ago : After having a budget of almost $ 3 million and four riders in the Dakar 2012 peak, in a couple of months the Bordone Ferrari turned into a sea of debt and economic situation will get you no longer competitively in Dakar ...
Fortunately, "Vest" Lopez has a Plan B that theoretically allowed to compete for positions in the first Dakar tip of history that will end in our country. The plan is for a run with a KTM, purchased directly from the Austrian factory and a good set of parts and will be serviced by the Honda Racing XC Tamarugal. Vest has an excellent relationship with the team and drivers Tamarugal, particularly with Prohens brothers, the leaders of this organization also puts on route to competitive Honda Claudio Daniel Gouet and "Burrito" Rodriguez. "Anyway, I am able to fight for the tip. I have a good bike, excellent suspension, which will allow me to have a good performance. On that side there is no complication "said" vest "to El Mercurio , noting that plans are closing today and classified 100% official could appear Monday.
Francisco Lopez and Jaime Prohens, Tamarugal pilot. The national team would go to the rescue of your healthcare structure Lopez has worked great working with Honda. (Picture: Press Tamarugal Honda Racing XC)

Lopez's situation is not isolated. Yesterday, Jordi Viladoms, who won fourth place for the Bordone Ferrari in the Dakar 2012 officially announced that he will seek other opportunities to get the maximum date global off-road. The runner-up of Cross Country Rally was forced to make the decision to leave the ranks of the Bordone Ferrari team, "because of the uncertainty about the continuation of the project", according to their statements and see jeopardize their participation in the Dakar 2013: " It's a shame and it's a hard decision, because I have lived with this team my best season in rallying. Bordone-Ferrari I appreciate all the work done during this year he has done may have taken a quantum leap as a pilot.'ve Been part of a large project, but now prevail stability and commitment to continue with my career. Bordone Ferrari I sincerely hope to find a solution that lets you move on.'m working to ensure my participation in the Dakar, and to be with a project as competitive as possible. I realize that time is not on my side, and that the current situation becomes even more complex to achieve sponsorship, but I'm optimistic and I hope you get a good solution, we will fight for it. "Gerard Farres Guell had done own a couple of weeks ago , looking for other options quickly to not miss the Dakar 2013. We are talking about two very important names in the world of Cross Country, of the top eight drivers in the world.
Jordi Viladoms and Gerard Farres left the Bordone Ferrari before Lopez. (Picture: Dakar 2012, Racing5)

Leaving only two months for the Dakar 2013, the situation of "vest" is not optimal. Neither Lopez himself hoped a tremendous structure fell in less than a year after being so successful in the Dakar 2012 with its four drivers in the top 20. Anyway, has indicated that national economic problems Bordone Ferrari mostly not affected in the season as he completed the calendar with the dates he wanted to do and those allowed to recover the rhythm and confidence that was lost after the accident in the Rally of Tunisia 2011.
Lopez Will compete for the podium with a private bike serviced by a Chilean team? Nobody disputes the professionalism and success of Tamarugal on bikes, but not a brand or a private team with several million dollars of resources. If Lopez does, it would be a feat more, but actually this is a situation that curicano not want to face one of the highlights of his career, the first Dakar ending in Santiago de Chile.

Seems the meltdown is pretty much done and the only one to leave would be the X rugby player Botturi..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote