View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #8087
RalphyDo
Banned

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
I would agree. It could use a good cleaning, and there is a minor oil leak to deal with (winter project). I will probably end up repainting the tank at some point simply because there's some chips on it. But that's really about it for now...just want to get it home, start riding it and playing with it, and see what else jumps out at me that I should do.

Very good guy to deal with...gave me a run-down on what he had done to it, and is giving me a BUNCH of spare parts and the chilton manual (I need to get a Clymer manual). The bike is complete as it stands, but I'll have an extra 1.5 engines (one complete, one needs some work), and several boxes of take-offs, spares, miscellaneous parts, etc.

Got it just in the nick of time too...he's heading overseas very soon. Like it wouldn't be available at the end of the week...that soon.

Once I get it home, and start playing with it, I'm sure I'll put up a thread elsewhere...maybe in Old's Cool.

And for now, I'm thinking that PIMPN number plate stays.

Yep, you have to jump on those good deals when you see them. I missed out of a Dnepr sidecar rig several months back. If I had called right when I saw it, I'd own it! But I waited until the next morning and they guy was helping the new owner to load it up! I think I might start looking for a project that will evolve into the bike you got!

The plate is tasteful, you can't really tell what it says until you think about it for a minute. Very cool bike, Congrats.
RalphyDo is offline   Reply With Quote