View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #104
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-oz View Post
hi Dave
I was wandering what your new icon shows, guess, after reading an older thread it's your "Schaeferhund" in the plywood chair, can you load up some larger photos. wifey said: he love's the german stuff, what is your favourite beer? and what is about Sauerkraut und Bratwurst?
cheers
mike the bloody german

Mate, I`m a Kiwi originally . Our next door neighbours had a GSD when I was a kid and I reckon the dog imprinted on me, I just love the way they move. After two of them keeping me broke for over 10 years I know I would do it all again in a heartbeat, if needed.

Coopers Pale Ale would be my beer of choice, I don`t know much about sauerkraut or bratwurst.

I got into BMWs originally because they were exclusive and supposedly reliable, it`s been a real disappointment to me that they have become so popular these last number of years.

I also have a thing for Glock handguns, but Johnny Howard reckoned I couldn`t be trusted with the ones I had.......Hang on, they`re Austrian, but that`s next door to Germany, so..........

That bike in the pic is an R80 mono, which I bought in Darwin already made up. It had come from Sydney, up around the bottom of the Gulf and on to Darwin and funnily enough, a GSD had travelled in the chair where Beth is sitting. The chair was well set up for travellng, two 20 litre jerry cans could be fitted between the guard with room for a small fridge in front. The R80 was a bit underpowered so I fitted an R65 final drive to help things along, but it still struggled. The leading link front end was great and it was very easy to steer, even with the low Euro bars.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia

gsd4me screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 03:19 AM
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote