View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #187
fred flintstone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
That is the question. Powercommander makes a product called Wideband Commander which i would guess uses the same technology--but it's only a guess. (Dobeck, maker of Techlusion, has a Wideband option on its latest product, not available for our bikes. They announced a deal with Innovate: Dobeck and Innovate.)

Since the PC III has a cable to the Motronic O2 input, and since the SW shows a closed loop area, I'm now starting to reconsider the way it functions with Motronic. It may be that, like the innovate LC-1, it lets the Motronic run a Closed Loop program part of the time. That part time is likely to be in the shaded area below. That being the case, the Motronic would then have what it needed to calculate Adaptation Values in the areas where the PC allowed Closed Loop.

If this all sounds a little confusing it is. On the one hand, the PC can only add Open Loop fuel when the Motronic isn't Closed Loop. On the other hand, as much as I've measured the Motronic for my LC-1 install, I can't say precisely how the Motronic's Adaptation Values would interact with the PC. Given the Wideband Commander technology and the difficulty of designing a Closed Loop software program it makes some sense that the PC would let the Motronic perform CL. I'll look into this some more.

In the meantime here is an article that compares Innovate and Wideband Commander: WIDEBAND SHOOTOUT
Just to get even more confusing, the unit that I have and I think Canoehead (Ian) has are not Wideband Commanders as shown in the above article, they are called "PCIII USB including Wideband Sensor". It is the exact model 919-611 that is pictured in the PDF sheet here:

http://www.powercommander.com/downlo...eng919-611.pdf
fred flintstone is online now   Reply With Quote