View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #74
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
Great trip!
When I did a Superior loop, I really missed a lot. That, and I blew by everything.
Really nice you take the time to see and experience the sights..
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhoco View Post
Great report !
I love the long rides too , but just buzz along in my own world of road and weather , and don't generally meet the cool people you do , or see the neat stuff , unless i can convince myself to do a u-turn after I've whizzed past . Hell , I don't even take a camera ... I think I could learn a lot from you .
You don't see all the pictures I didn't take. I blow by a lot of stuff, too.

I try to be mindful to stop for photos and I wish I were more extroverted. But in both cases, it does take a lot of effort to remind myself to talk to people or pull out my camera. ADVrider and the Tent Space had a lot to do with the folks I met along the way. Many of the people I "met" on this trip were people with whom I made contact through this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Great stuff Jamie. Your reports are always very cool to read. Good meeting you on the road. If ever in Texas, you have a place to stay. Beer & BBQ provided also... Keep traveling.
Thanks Donovan. Thanks to your wife, too. I'm glad I stopped to visit. (Your chapter is coming up, soon.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955BIKER View Post
Looks like some great weather up north.
You're not kidding! Loved it. When I got home, everyone told me I'd missed the hot July weather in Memphis.

I appreciate the comments. I check the thread every day to see if anyone had any questions or nice things to say.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote