I guess I'm too ADD to sit on the couch watching football all day. I wanted to get something done on the R60. It's nothing major, but I decided to clean up the transmission housing. I don't have any great "before" pictures, but suffice it to say, it was dirty just like everything else has been.
I was pretty lazy on the photos today, but I used an engine degreaser and a wire brush, then dried and cleaned it off, and then used a drill with a wire brush attachment. The drill works the best by far. It's dirty work, but it cleans very quickly.
During, you can see what's been brushed and what hasn't:
There are some delicate and hard to reach areas:
I plan to use a small Dremel wire brush attachment to clean those areas.
It's not perfect, but it's much better than before, and it will look perfect again after applying some Rub N' Buff.
OK, NOW it's time or some football and beer!