View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Today I'm feeling a little more adventurous and want to try crossing thru the desert passing a couple of missions on my way back to the Pacific side.
I get up early, eat, top off the bike and make the turn off just after San Bruno towards Mission Guadalupe.
It's still early when the road starts to get narrow and rough.
There's a deer in the road and something caught my eye that made it out of place, there's a bell around it's neck, I slow down so not to spook it when I see another, but this time there's a guy trying to push it along. I thought deer where too jumpy for this kinda of behavior, must of been raising them from young.

I leave being amazed that this guy had the patience to raise this guys and gave me the opportunity to be this close to them.

The road starts getting rougher and further away from looking like a road.

After an hour of this.

And several times the bike gets tired and takes a nap.

I take a break under some shade trees and look at the map. Looks like I'll have at least 20 miles of this before reaching the Mission and decided to retreat.

This is definitely rough country.

Making my way back out to Mex 1 and heading to Mulege.

Hurricane Paul had done a number on this sleepy little town.

Mattress and clothing propped outside of homes to dry out.

I make it to the Mission but it's locked up, so no inside tour.

Water was passing through the 2nd story floor of this house. I missed these floods by a week, The ground was still drying out and everyone seemed to be working hard to restore order.

This helps explain the conditions of some of the roads I was taking.

Onward to Loreto the first settled town on the Baja peninsula.

I check out several hotels before settling on one.
I pay the agreed upon price and find my room at the furthest location from the lobby which is the only place to get wifi.

I don't have a good relaxed feeling here. A/C doesn't work, TV doesn't work, wifi is unreliable, parking lot is torn up, beach is dirty, mosquitos are insane, I'm the only guest, and it's a bit of a walk to town. But then again, they did just go through a severe storm, so I try not to let that get me down.

Bike barely squeezed through the door.

booger1 screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 06:50 PM
booger1 is offline   Reply With Quote