Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
I've never ridden that Lost Coast road.
Great area. Would highly recommend it.

Popped out on Hwy 101 at Garberville. Place is a trip. Stopped for something to eat and while sitting outside at a small deli watched the freaks roll by. Apparently this place use to be a major hippie town. From what I observed not many of them left. Lots of bums and hippies just kinda roaming around doing much of nothing. Talked with the deli owner and he says it's a real problem. Pretty area but not so sure I'd want to raise a family here.

Watched this guy roll a huge joint in the coffee shop and then step out on the sidewalk to enjoy. Took the shot by holding the camera at waist level. Not sure why I was worried about him seeing me. He was so stoned I don't think he would have cared if I'd of shoved it up his nose! Saw many people just lighting up on the street. I'm all for legalizing the stuff in order that we can tax it and make some money. This place is a friggin gold mine if they ever legalize the stuff.

I think he may have been living in this.

Back on the bike and headed south on US 1. Gorgeous riding along the coastline.

Met this young lady alongside the road. Had left Canada about six weeks ago and was headed to Baja. Fun meeting people like this and talking for awhile. I had ridden a bicycle across the country years ago so we discussed the merits of traveling by bicycle. I enjoyed it when I did it but not sure I'd do it again. I need an engine nowadays.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote