View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
Pantah OP
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky151 View Post
Bob, I just finished reading your story from 2006. Holy crap, this is going to be such a good time. With your experience, can I pick your brain about my bike setup? My KLR is pretty well built, but just wanna know if I need to do any more work. I need to work on my techniques for cornering at speed on dirt. I just hope I stand a chance at finishing the race and not be last. I feel like a little kid, I can't wait.
Thanks. Yeah 2006 was special because I got to ride with my old boss, Ned. I liked writing that article. I signed up for 2014 because of the route. It is similar to 2006 except we go up the Haul road instead of the Dempster.

I'd be glad to help you any way I can. You have a most excellent machine for it. It's comfy enough and good in the mud if you use the right tires. Regarding outright speed, you'll pick it up. I was pretty timid the first couple days but by the end of the South Canol, I could keep up with anybody. The TKC 80 was a good front tire for that bike and the conditions we had.

You can use my email address. I think it's in my profile somewhere.

-Bob
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote