View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #231
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Footer View Post
What're the best places to watch the start of the race? Is tech day worth going to? My friend is interested in checking it out. Will the hotels be sold out? We can cross (from San Diego) in the morning if need be. Any tips/input would be great, thanks!
The hotels have been sold out for months. On Thursday the first bike goes off at 0600, first car goes off 4 hours after the last quad (around 11 to 11:30). Contingency or tech on Wed is a good show & lets you see the race cars up close with 20,000 of your new close friends. Not much to see as far as scooters are concerned. Anywhere that is even close to being a good place to watch within 50 miles of Ensenada will be over run with locals. Popular places not too crowded include spots close to Hwy 3 (hwy from Ensenada to San Flippy). At K 19 is the access to "the white arch". From K 71 though K 77 there is a stretch right next to the hwy and if you can find a place to park it's pretty good. From San Matias (east of Valle de Trinidad) there are places along side of the hwy where they are in the sand wash that can be seen from the hwy K 141 to around K 160.