View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Excellent! Nice work GoingSouth,. Moto Kiwis you don't have a sprocket problem until your front sprocket starts skipping. Then you can tighten up the chain for a couple of days until the sprocket becomes completely smooth and doesnt get traction when you accelerate or go up hills! Then you have a problem

Don't even think about going to Chihuahua city from Creel. Take 24 to Guachochi to Parral. It is one of the best motorcycle roads in Mexico.

South from Parral to DGO consider the route through Santa Maria del Oro and Tepehuanes instead of the highway. It is kind of isolated and takes a little longer but it is more scenic and the road is newly paved and beautiful. If you come through DGO give me a shout.

GoingSouth, we are also heading to Maz in Wednesday for a few days. We should meet up for a cheve and a chat.

Saludos all
SR
Great advice thank you SR, we sure will be staying off the highways and taking the scenic route so your advice is timely and welcomed.

Re the sprocket, I do have a spare ready at hand if it goes past the smooth stage ..... Ellens I think will be sweet as her bike has about 1000 miles less and her arse is half the size of mine so here sprocket hasn't worn as much.

Clicked over 19200 miles today (30720km) on that set

We would love to meet up with you for sure, if I can buy you a beer for your help would be cool, let us know.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote