View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #6
corriej OP
corriej's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: South Africa
Oddometer: 20
Hi Moqui, you are right. I asked around and that is exactly what they are used for. They are spacers to stop noobs like me from crushing the o-rings during installation.

Titty Springs +1

EDIT: You have to use a chain rivet tool to fit the rivet link.

Originally Posted by Moqui View Post
My guess is that they are a spacer that fits between the plate and roller and goes around the oring. That way they would protect the orings from being crushed and distorted when the assembly is pressed together. They probably need to be removed before riding the bike. And yes they should be called Titty Springs.
corriej is offline   Reply With Quote