View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #33
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
2011, 34 days, Key West to Prudhoe Bay and back to Key West, 14,866 miles. Total cost was about $7800 which included trinkets and gifts, oil changes and one set of tires (knobbies were paid for before I left home, paid for a set of Tourances in transit). I stayed at reasonable priced hotels, ones that I did not feel a need to set up my camping gear inside, and I ate very well. I did not eat at a chain restaurant but twice the entire trip!! Mom and pop locals are the way to go!!! I only camped 4 nights as I spent lots of time just exploring and soaking in the scenery and just really didn't fell like burning an extra 1 to 1.5 hours at the end/start of the day mess with camp setup and tear down. I used the time to see more stuff!!!

In Fairbanks, for bike service and tire changes, if needed, I highly recommend Adventure Cycleworks!! They are the best!! http://www.advcycleworks.com/ Shawn is 'aktracks' on this forum, I forget Dan's handle!!!

Heed the warnings on the weather, your abilities and your bikes abilities. Below is what Antigun Pass can hand you in a good rain!!!! Pucker factor was high coming down that hill knowing that 2 tractor/trailers were not far behind me!!

Good luck and enjoy your trip.........I know I can't wait to get back up there in 2014!!!!

FLARider1 screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 06:13 AM
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote