View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #21
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,422
scored the bike!!! 2007 Ninja 650 with 12k on it for $560. Woot!! Time to start the real building now. It was obviously in a serious wreck, the forks are snapped off at the lower triple, header is smashed and the radiator is most likely knackered. Oh and the tank is seriously dented. But all those parts are things I would most likely replace anyways with custom parts. I inspected the bike personally and I didn't see too much wrong, no obvious frame damage, steering stem looks intact. Really excited to get this build going this winter.

I bought it from Copart auction which is like a salvage auction site. In PA you don't need a dealer license and sign up was simple. Since it was a local auction in Pittsburgh, I can drive over and pick it up. My final bid was $375, all the fees added up to $560 but still I think it's a fair price for a bike that I can probably recoup a little on by selling the stock parts for a few bucks. Maybe.

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote