View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
hanksmybuddy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Broke camp early and headed north to road J41 which goes over Sherman Pass, Kennedy Meadows, Nine Mile Canyon Road which eventually dumps out on Hwy 395. Explored some side roads during the days ride. Didn't really care where I ended up for the night so just explored.

Some side road exploration. Would love to come back up this way on my XR650L. Places the Strom just wasn't real comfortable with.

Took a break around lunch at fire tower lookout. About a 4 mile drive off the paved road and then another 1/4 mile hike in. Nice guy manning the tower so hung out awhile.

Top of Sherman Pass. Was running heated gear up here. Got pretty cold. Great riding with zero traffic.

Kennedy Meadows (Think this was the name of the little stop. Doing this at work so I don't have a map in front of me).

After dropping off the summit and going thru Kennedy Meadow started down the eastside towards 395. Ran into two couples from France who didn't speak a whole lot of English. They had rented two bikes out of Vegas and were headed to the coast. They were a little lost so I tried to point them in the right direction.

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote