View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #27472
sacto929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggi'tard View Post
7.5x55. From what I have read a bunch of places everybody is reloading with .308 bullets too. I'll have to do a little more asking around about that, still have lots of M118 bullets. For vintage military you have to use the standard sights, so no target diopters and such. There were a number of them at Simpson's with target sights on them, prices last summer ranged from $300-$1000+. Most were in the $4-500 range. I can't remember but mine was $500 or less, I also bought a brand new second magazine for $80, it required a bit of latch fitting, no wonder they stamped the serial numbers on the originals.
Nice rifle! Did you check the butt plate compartment for a name tag? Many of them have a name tag from the previous owner in Switzerland....

The 7.5x55 Swiss uses .308 projectiles. The difference is that the Swiss measured the lands versus the grooves for the diameter.

Check out the following sites for tons of info:

Calguns Swiss Rifle Thread

Swiss Rifles Message Board

Grafs and Sons carries all sorts of accessories for Swiss rifles, particularly from a company called Swiss Products. These guys are Swiss rifle experts. Grafs