View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
cathulu OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
I suffered a major bout of food poisoning - so the weekend was a bust. Feeling well this afternoon, so a bit more of the report. Nearly got her done.

Friday September 14

We awoke to a beautiful day that laid rest to the concerns of last night.

Lucky for us we found a spot clear of RVs, but they were never far away - as on the other side of the road. Packing up.

Back on the gravel. This was a nice stretch of road.

Where were we? The Maka-Murray Lake Forest Service Road...

Vlad at speed.

Brian stretching his legs.

Vito rolling it.

Then you get to this part - a deactivated section of road. This was no problem for us. The only deal was it was narrow.

Road is still in good shape here, but got to watch for the locals.

A video of the road... nah, turns out it is too bouncy. Looks like crap. I need a chest mount!

We kick out onto high speed gravel roads. Dry and dusty. Brian

Vlad

Vito

Dust everywhere and throws your bike around. Vito looks like he might bin it but holds on. I think Vlad was there waiting for the shot. I know would have been waiting there also. Gotta go where the action is.

A little video from the same spot. This guy was following me and I never even realized it. Not sure how long he was there. I got a bit of a wobble also.

Oops Vlad did it again. Evidence is in the sand. Sand - the nemesis! And this sand was hard to find... I am not sure how Vlad even found it?

Then we take the road to a campsite on Nahatlatch Lake... the dust on this road hung in the air like a fog. A never ending crap-fest of dust.

But the payoff was at the end - a fantastic campsite. Vito wondering if this is the spot?

Note to self: get a bigger tent?

Finally we have settled down. Vlad and I are in the lake somewhere but mercifully out of the picture... Water is coldest we have encountered but not unbearable for a swim.

Time to get the fire rolling.

Camera Wars! Brian is still working out how his camera works.

I am a bit like Howard Hughes. Gotta keep clean even though I already was in the lake for a clean-up!

Tomorrow is our last day on the road to home...

cathulu screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 05:41 PM
cathulu is offline   Reply With Quote