View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
JerryH OP
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Goldwing 1500/sidecar

Ok, I admit it. I hate trikes. But I have arthritis and fibromyalgia so bad that riding a large bike is getting to be too difficult and dangerous. Right now my '95 Goldwing is for sale, but it has not sold yet. I really like this bike, but it is just too big and heavy for me. But while I can't stand trikes, the idea of a sidecar has always appealed to me. I fully understand that there is more involved than simply bolting up a sidecar and taking off. Some bikes require the rake and trail to be modified, and in all cases it basically means learning how to ride all over again. Right turns and left turns are completely different.

Does anyone know of a sidecar that would be a good match for a 1500 Goldwing? I would be riding/driving it solo most of the time, and carrying my 21 year old daughter once in a while. How would such a rig perform on the freeway? I've heard that sidecars constantly try to pull to one side. Is there anyway to correct that on a long ride, Kind of like the trim tabs on an airplane, so you don't have to fight it for hours at the time.

This is unlikely to happen, but the bike is paid for and in great shape. Just trying to see what all my options are.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote