View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #35
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
I can think of several great rides that meet your criteria. However, 300 miles in 6 hours won't have much "adventure" as it is an all pavement ride. You could do the Cohutta/Tumbling Creek loop (75+ miles of continuous dirt) in 6 hours if you don't stop much and eat lunch in the woods. I wear a Camelback and bring energy bars. Other DS rides take longer because the dirt roads/trails are farther away, but the flip side is you get to ride the twisties to get there. I would love to join you, but Saturday is booked. I'm riding Sunday if anybody wants to go.
Figure on being gone 8 hours or until 5pm.

Actually I was meaning 6 hours of riding plus the breaks etc... I was also assuming a fair amount of payment between dirt hence the 300 miles. That's 2 hours for 200 miles of road and 4 hours for a hundred miles of dirt right? lmao. So let me revise my criteria... Saturday OR Sunday OR both days and camping is an option.

I am not strong in the determining feasibility department.... I figure pretty much everything is feasible. lol.

I am wide open. I am looking for as much adventure as i can get during daylight without too much rushing. I don'tind riding pavement in the dark though if its worth it. Just trying to keep it to something others would be open to as well

So can you categorize the dirt course you described? I will be on my 1200gsa and the roads are still a little muddy so keeping that in mind I am looking for challenging dirt with lots to see along the way.

Houston valley was fun so certainly anything up to that level of challenge is okay but keep in mind houston valley was dry.

Thanks though, I will go see if I can figure out what you were referring yo on the maps.

Anything else?

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote