View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #18
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchKing View Post
She Ran! with help from my older (more experienced) brother, she ran. Not too well though, and we forgot to tighten the flywheel and sheered the key again. Ordering one now. When it did run though, it had some idle issues, and it would not stay running. I cant really describe it well because we only had it running a few times before the key sheared and now i have no spark. When i get it running again, ill mess with timing/idle/air/fuel mixture and describe it in more detail. I do have a few questions though. After the key sheared, I tried tightening the flywheel to see if i could get spark without the key. It looked like the flywheel was staying in place without the key, but i still didnt have spark. Is that still probably the key?
need the key to line the timing up. no key, not gonna spark at right time. i'm assuming you have not loosened the stator plate bolts. don't. not being a dick, but you don't have the tools or skill to properly time it. if you have a dial indicator and know the specs, go for it, otherwise, don't touch it.
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote