View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
lhanson OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Last February the buzz was that KTM would only ship a few 690's and only to buyers with deposits. This alarmed me so I ordered a bike with a deposit, but didn't get one in the first wave. I worried that I might not get one at all for a while. But the bike came in early May and all was good. I called every KTM dealer in New England and upstate New York. Only two offered me a slight discount for a cash purchase. And BTW, the only dealers who could sell the 690R were 'street' dealers. This probably added to scarcity.

I don't know why you never see any 690's in your hood, but it probably has something to do with the low production run and release to KTMUSA. Meanwhile, they been making DRZ's forever...

To me the 2012 KTM 690 was reconcieved as a more street friendly motorcycle over earlier versions. I think it is successful in that way. Sort of the KTM version of a KLR...

The new fuel injected 350 and 500 EXC dual sports are more of a hard enduro. KTM has developed a very good collection of offerings I think. But they are all expensive.
Thats what has made it so difficult. So far the 690 has been the ticket for me. Commute weekly to weekend enduro so cal dezert toy to CO/northern CA enduro trail bike. Gahhhhhhhh whyyyyyy
lhanson is offline   Reply With Quote