View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #3904
Radioman OP
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by matloik View Post
Mark, your adv trip gets more and more swanky by the week. You sure these excluded one-time charges follow GAAP accounting rules -- to keep your budget at a nominal $60/day?
Hello Matt,

I have been including everything on my Per day charges.... Except trip to Galapagos Islands (about $2,000 USD total).

Had not bought the new tire and spent $180 USD on a full day wine tour. So that $60 USD for Argentina is going up quickly. But I had originally budged $100 USD to include bike maintenance and borders and shipping as needed....

That includes all fuel (which is expensive down here where the mileage increases because to the distances needed to travel). and of course the longer I am staying in the country it takes the per day costs down with these bigger expenses!!

Will update once I spend the next 2 months in Argentina and Chile to see what the real costs are. I know that as I ride solo at this stage of the trip, I am spending more on Lodging ..... But enjoying the comforts!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote