View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #307
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Linares to CD Mante

I hung around Linares for a while this morning hoping the rain or more accurately, drizzle would let up. It never did. I planed to ride in the Mountains if it dried up a bit but I could see no point in going up there with wet roads and a very low ceiling.

I waited in the town square. I don't know what checkout time is but at around 9am I went down the street for a second coffee and my bed had been stripped even though my stuff was still in the room. So I got ready and checked out.

In the process, I locked myself out of my room. I had put my wallet in my jacket, went to take something out to the bike....and as soon as the door shut I realized what I'd done. The electronic card key was in my jacket. Through a series of charades with the girl at the desk I got another copy.

I went to square and parked the bike at the curb and sat on a dry bench under a tree and decided it would be a good time to look at my Spanish/English phrasebook. I'm learning a few words and recognizing the Spanish that means (where are you from?) when I hear it in context.

Here's the trusty KLR at the curb across from the square in Linares

There are some nice buildings around the square

I walked around and looked at stuff like these typical bikes

No wonder my KLR draws a crowd here. It is huge compared to the Mexican bikes.

Kedgi screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 05:37 PM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote