View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
PA Slammer OP
I hate titles...

Oddometer: 790
Ok, time for a little commentary...

What in the hell was I doing? Seriously, I have a very demanding career, a young wife and three young boys (8, 5 & 2 yrs old). Here I was 2300 miles and 3 1/2 days from home! Couldn't be a mid-life thing... I've been going through that for like 20 years now. I've climbed mountains, scaled rock faces, run seriously long distance races through the mountains, I already own a sports car. What was different about this trip? Why in the hell did I feel so... OK, I'll say it... scared! Was it fear? Was it anticipation? Was it simple wonder? I just couldn't figure it out... still can't. The only thing different about this trip was everything! I was solo. I was on a "dangerous" motorcycle! (so my co-workers would say) I was vulnerable. Everything was, for me, unknown...

Was it all those things that drew me to this point?

I know, too much talky... more pictures. Sorry, not too many pictures all in all, but that's not really what this ride report is about. I JUST HAVE TO SOMEHOW CONVEY TO ALL OF YOU GUYS, this shit is unreal! For those who have traveled, you more than likely get it. For those who dream of a long trip similar to this one, I really, really want to convince you, to put down the damn mouse, shut off the laptop, freakin' pack a few things, fire up the beast and head out. Seriously, it'll put a smile on the inside of YOU! You know, one of those 'looking around at all those other lousy slugs around you' and knowing something they don't know, kind of smile!!!

Life is a gift friends. Remember that Mark Twain quote... “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” WOW! That's it, that is really it!

OK, rant over...

PA Slammer screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 07:25 PM
PA Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote