View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #3778
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Genuine Buddy 125, 150 or the new 170i (it's fuel injected).

Genuine Blur 220i (fuel injected) and it looks very hawt.
http://genuinescooters.com/index.html
Company is out of Chicago and works with a manufacturer in Taiwan. My 150 has given me five years of trouble-free riding, and I treat it like shit. I wish it wasn't called a Buddy.

Pretty much anything Kymco makes will be decent. I love the look of the Like 200 (two-tone) but it's only at 176 and I've heard, it's very pokey. The People line has larger wheels, but I'm really partial to the flickability of the 10-inchers.

Sym is another brand to look at. They've had terrible parts distribution problems in the past. They're now being represented by Alliance in the US and I've heard that getting parts is a lot easier now. The HD and Citycom are sweet looking machines.

There's always Aprilia and Piaggio. Piaggio's BV 350 is the shit right now.

Vespa, you're paying $1k for the name.

There's always Honda (the SH150i but it's very expensive for what it is) and Yamaha Zuma (but it's only a 125). I don't consider the Burgman, Majesty, Silverwing, the new BMW C600/GT650 scooters. They're automatic motorcycles. Who needs a 650 scooter to go to Aldi or to school?

Used? Run the brand by at least one of the scooter people you know.

If I could go out and buy a new scooter today, I'd definitely be taking a look at the BV350, the Buddy 170 and the Sym HD200.

Oh, and no one is making 2-stroke scooters anymore. The scoots all come from Asia and their emissions laws have gotten pretty strict. It's also why we're seeing all FI models now.
The Queen of Scooter Trash has spoken