View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #242
kvanvliet
n00b

Oddometer: 3
East Coast Memorial Service for Rob VanVliet

Hi everyone, here is the memorial information. There will be an additional West Coast memorial service on Dec 2 I think, but I don't have all of that information yet.

For East Coasters who want to attend:

Saturday, November 24th
2:00 pm.
Mt. Carmel United Methodist Church
at the intersection of New Hampshire Ave (MD-650)& Georgia Ave(MD-97) in Sunshine, MD.
Rob wasn't a religious fellow; rather, this church is down the street from the family farm that his mother grew up and her parents helped to build. It's been a gathering point for the Brown and VanVliet families for generations. We lived at the farm for a few years right after we moved back to the East Coast from California. I was 6 years old then.

If you cannot make the memorial service on the East Coast, you are welcome to send us a postcard, note, photograph, card, drawing, etc (keep paper size to 5" by 7" or less) that the family plans to share with those in attendance. We know that so many people were a part of his community, from all over the country and the world. Please send postcards, etc as soon as possible to Rob's sister at:
Barbara White
1322 Old New Windsor Rd
New Windsor, MD 21776
or emailed to barbwhite@qis.net

Donations in lieu of flowers to Hepatitis C Association, Inc., 1351 Cooper Rd, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076-2844. Please mention that the donation is in memory of Rob VanVliet.

Thank you everyone for your love and admiration for my Dad. If you need to contact me about anything, email me at katie.vanvliet@gmail.com

kvanvliet screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 07:49 AM
kvanvliet is offline   Reply With Quote