Thread: New to Airhead
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #31
ninepeaks9 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
And so we arrive again at the old converting a single disk Ate to a dual disk Ate system conundrum. Parts are getting rare is already an old adage. They can be expensive, yes. This particular conversion though is most popular with Americans and you may be able to find the needed parts on Ebay. uk or other European site. Just check to see the seller will ship to the USA.

There is another way to solve the problem also. All the parts are pretty standard. The calipers don't care which side they are on and the rotors feel the same way. The one part that is particular is the right side slider. You need a right side slider that holds the caliper. It seems it would be difficult to make this part from a non-caliper slider but there is another way, make a right side slider from a left side slider. The process was discussed in this thread, below;

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738951
I had thought about that too. However, I may have a solution going back to handlebar mounted MC setup. I think I'll explore rotating the handlebar control housing away from the rider, which will result in stock lever hanging downward. Once I have the Magura MC installed, I can just unbolt the lever off. If that works, I don't have to hack off part of the control housing the stock brake lever is attached to, which would be a shame to destroy. I think I can still use turn signal control okay. I'll try and see if it will work tonight...
ninepeaks9 is offline   Reply With Quote