View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
5Chord OP
No Short-Term Memory

Oddometer: 1,037
As luck would have it, there are several good off-road events that fall on or around the Thanksgiving Day weekend which is also usually my birthday weekend...The NJ Pine Barrens 300....A fun 2 day event, close to home and doable on almost any dual-sport bike with a good registration and license plate, The LA2B2Vegas run...I was laughed at by two bike rental companies when trying to procure a worthy steed for the challenging 2 day desert crossing last year. And the Day In The Dirt race/party which gets lots of press from RacerX and all the good dirtbike and Motocross mags.

Searching the internet with credit card in hand is dangerous. It didn't take too many queries before I came up with MX Vacations and their Day In The Dirt package. John picked up the phone and spoke with me at length about what he called "His family's favorite weekend". Hosted by the film industry, there will be tons of celebrities both movie and Moto. "The Woodstock of MX" He would include everything but the race fees. Bike (cleaned and prepped before each day of racing/riding), pit, food, gas, practice fees and even picked up a pass for Pit Girl. Sold.

A few more clicks and the hotel, airfare and rental car were added for a mere 120,000 Amex points!

This is Pit Girl and me back in July at Walden Playboys which was supposed to be my first race. Unfortunately, I tweaked both ankles casing a huge uphill double on practice day and was unable to compete.

5Chord screwed with this post 11-30-2012 at 03:55 PM
5Chord is offline   Reply With Quote