View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
bikeslut OP
adventurous stud

Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper210 View Post
This photo was taken when she was younger and cleaned up. She's been shiney side down plenty in the past year. I ain't sceeeered. Just don't want to be climbing sheer cliffs of rocks or blazing through areas I am unfamiliar with just for locals to see the "out of towner" f*&ck himself or his ride up. AZ is more extreme then south Texas I agree. But I'll push myself hoping my new friends will limit my damages and take me under their wing....If not look for me in late December. My rear tire tread looks like this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I also ride a DRZ, and the routes rattlecan took us on were great; nothing extreme at all, but a number of the trails have LOTS of loose rocks.. stand up, keep on the gas and power through, and you'll be fine

we rode a moderate pace, and my DRZ was absolutely up to the task- rattlecan will NOT steer you wrong. Showing an out of towner your riding area is a privilege and Bob did it right. Started on some easy trails, then stopped to make sure we were ok with the pace and the terrain... we said, hell yeah, let's go... and we did;

When I show out of towners my areas, I always start out really easy, and gradually ramp up the trails until they say "that's enough" (Or I say it; "that trail is really hard, ride that... I'll meet you on the other end")