View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #7219
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisytoys View Post

Dust has gone here, whore through a set of rear brake pads in a few hours of mud covered road and track sliding.
Need a real knobbie up front!, Tips anyone?
Don't really understand your situation and question. Are you saying the dust is gone and it is now mud, so MUD on radiator, REAR pads worn, but want a more aggressive knobby for the FRONT tire? Are these 3 different questions?

Are you running the stock 19" front rim size and the stock low cut fender? If so to cut the mud off of the radiator more you might try the Wunderlich Extenda Fender. I don't run in much mud but it works great for me and others that DO run in mud, I hear. Here is a pic:

For 19" front tires, your choices are limited. I still think the most aggressive semi-knobby is the TKC80 (shown above) but I'm not really current on anything new out there perhaps. Kenda Big Block also but they may wear quicly?
For a rear 17" knobby I don't think you can beat a Dunlop D606 based on what I read here. It is the only serious knobby I have tried though. I have been trying Mefo Explorer lately and I've got 5000 commuter pavement miles on my rear and it is showing a lot of wear finally. Yet is decent off road. Amazing tire really. Might try a Heidenau rear next. or not. What say ye Geoffrey?

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote