View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Inniswhe OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
motoriley,
I watched several of your videos great entertainment. We ride a little tamer but similar trails(less the sand pit) to your crew so I really appreciate your input.You guys have all of the bikes I have been considering except the x challenge which kiwi mentioned in hits post.
The more I look back on the transalp, I still really liked the bike in many ways just felt a better suspension was needed.I am 6'3",230 . Its been a while but I guess it was quite a bit lighter feeling than the heavy 1150. A friend still has one so maybe I will give it a ruin to refresh my memory off road.
One of the biggest problems I find as a big guy is that every bike feels to small and cramped until modified for fit so test rides at just a way to get an idea if there is potential
Actually I wasn't going to consider the f8 until I saw some of your videos and it appeared that the f8 faired about the same as the dr
and xr .
Do you give up much going to the f8 over the dr/ xr offroad ? It seems you have spent some time on all of these.

Like you I think I want that decent highway ride. I live in PEI so any tougher ie fun single track is at least a couple hours away in N.B.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Inniswhe is offline   Reply With Quote