EVENT DETAILS AND INFORMATION
1. the event is from thursday to sunday
2. come in earlier or leave later...you're on your own, including camping.
3. when you arrived at the campground, please check in at site #46. marcia or me or another person will help you. if no is one there, there will be a note with a direction.
4. pick up your name badge (it will have your first name and adv handle below), and we suggest you wear it while in the campground. it's good to know people by their first name - good beginning.
5. your name badge will have your dinner code. DT = thursday dinner, DF = friday dinner and DS = saturday dinner or D3 - 3 nights dinner. that is your pass for whatever dinner you paid.
6. you also get a raffle ticket. make sure you write your adv handle on the back of the ticket. we won't be calling ticket # but your adv handle. put ticket in the raffle jar.
7. you could also inquire at the reception for your campsite # if you don't know or just to verify.
8. if you made a donation via paypal, you should get 1 raffle ticket for every $10 you donated. do the same, write your adv handle in the back of the ticket. see me if you need to clarify something.
9. extra raffle tickets are available, $10 each. there will be someone in charge - tbd.
10. there will be a collection jar for trash disposal - it's all voluntary. the cost for the weekend is $500. yes folks, disposing trash in the desert is expensive. it's always a good practice - bring it, use it and take it home or pack it in - pack it out. if we only all take responsibility of our action this won't be needed.
DINNER will be at site #46 - BRING YOUR OWN FORK, SPOON, SPORK AND CUP. ONCE YOU'RE DONE WITH YOUR PAPER PLATE - WE WILL HAVE AN AREA TO BURN THOSE PAPER PLATES. NO PLASTICS PLEASE!
if you could not get there on time, prearrange with someone to pick your food, but you have to give your name badge to this person. no badge - no dinner
after everyone get their portion (no more line) and if there are still extra food, feel free to go for your second.
11. thursday dinner @ 6 pm is a fund raising event for Stewards of the Sequoia
. only those who prepaid can participate in the dinner. please show your name badge with the dinner code to avoid any embarrassment. others are welcome to hang out.
thursday dinner menu - cheeseburger, chili, etc. bob aka lonestar is the master chef. please offer your help.
12. jimmy lewis demo @ 4 - 6 pm
13. friday dinner @ 6 pm - shrimps and scallop pasta, salad, etc.
COMMEMORATIVE GLASSES WILL BE GIVEN AWAY ON FRIDAY @ DINNER TIME, THEY ARE YOURS TO KEEP. TRAVELTOAD IS DONATING THESE WITH THE SUPPORT OF JEFF (JAB).
14. saturday dinner @ 6 pm - carne asado and chicken taco, salad, beans or rice, lemonade
15. sopascat will be baking the adv famous brownies and will get passed around the campfire on saturday night
RAFFLES ARE ON BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS @ site #46. jimmy (1224r), todd (big todd) and bill (conteacher) will be the emcees. other volunteers - marcia, nicole, and more volunteers.
it is not necessary you be there to win as long you leave your badge with someone to pick your prize.
you are entitled to 1 raffle ticket if you present your national park fee stub or annual pass.
EMERGENCY CONTACTS, ISSUES, SAR, FIRST AID, SPOT, WHEREAM I RIDING - SEE POST #5 OR DAVE (DSM8)
GROUP RIDES - IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGN UP, SEE POST #6 -OR CHRIS (BROWNEYE)
CAMPING ISSUES - SEE JIM (SPAFXER) OR ERSIN (FYYFF)
COMMEMORATIVE TEES ARE HERE
if you want to purchase tees.....please click HERE
NOTE: the color shown is light blue.....the actual color is light gray (i forgot the exact technical description), sorry it comes only this color.
i apologize for the short window in ordering them, we need to get all the orders by sunday night - March 17th. anyway, good chance, most are already ready to pull their wallet.
there are also other good stuff available...feel free to browse around.
1. FOLKS – MANY OF US WILL INHERIT THE AFTERMATH OF YOUR INAPPROPRIATE ACTIONS OR MISTAKES,
AVOID THIS BY PARTICIPATING IN A POSITIVE AND RESPONSIBLE MANNER.
2. WHATEVER IT IS OR WHEREVER YOU ARE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE OF YOUR ACTION. THINK BEFORE YOU
3. RESPECT THE “PSR CAMPGROUND RULES” AND OBSERVE “THE NATIONAL PARKS REGULATIONS”. NO
FIREWORKS OR ILLEGAL CAMPFIRE! NO OFF (THE) ROAD OR CROSS COUNTRY RIDING!
4. DO NOT TAKE THE ATTITUDE THAT WE PAID FOR OUR CAMPING, SO….OUR TRASH IS NO LONGER OUR
RESPONSIBILITY! PACK IT IN – PACK IT OUT; OR LEAVE IT BETTER THAN THE WAY YOU FOUND IT.
5. BRING A PROPERLY MAINTAINED BIKE WITH GOOD AND PROPER TIRES. BRING TOOLS AND CERTAIN SPARE PARTS.
6. MOST OF ALL, WE WANT YOU TO ENJOY AND COME HOME IN 1 PIECE. PLEASE KNOW YOUR LIMITS. BE TRUTHFUL
OF YOUR SKILL LEVEL. IT IS A NOOBS RALLY, NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASSED. THIS IS NOT A RACE!
1. CAMP HOST- JIM (SPAFXER)
2. IN LIST AND CAMPGROUND SITE # MANAGER - ERSIN (FYYFF)
3. RECEPTION AND BADGES - MARCIA, CATHY
4. FIRST RESPONDERS SEE POST #5 - DAVE (DSM8) AND REDO5 (ROB)
5. SPOT AND WHEREAMIRIDING MONITOR - DSM8
6. COMMUNICATIONS - GEOFF (GS SEQUIOA)
7. RECYCLING AND CAMPGROUND HOUSEKEEPING
8. GROUP RIDE LEADERS - SEE POST #6
1. PINOCONO -1
2.BROWNEYE - 1
3.1224R - 2
4. SPANK - 2
1. PINOCONO 10 X 10
2. JOEL 10 X10
3. GSSEQUIOA -
2. SLUGDAD - 1/2 TRUCK BED
note: the firewood is for the group campfire (site #46). if you want your little campfire in your site, you have to bring your own.
thank you for reading and for your cooperation.
MOTORCYCLE AND/OR PARTS
RIDGECREST MOTORCYCLE COMPANY
640 S China Lake Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
LIORS MOTORIDE - Lior will be at PSR during the event
Fax (877) 747-6004
1513 N Mahan St, Ridgecrest, CA
McBride's Metal Works
Fine Art Creation & Specialty Welding