View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
8jest OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thanks, that is all really good info. It is a new shock but the previous owner had spec'd it out. I have the receipt and it was purchased this year from Capital Cycle. When I first noticed it, I did increase the preload. It was a stiffer ride but I do think it helped a bit. I noticed it again, so I backed it off again. Perhaps the previous owner was a lighter guy and I might need a stiffer spring down the road. I am first going to adjust the damping because, as mentioned, it the damping controls the compression as well, that could help a lot. If not, I will play with the preload again getting the appropriate sag and then adjust the damping again. If no dice, avoid potholes until I can "spring" the cash. Eh oh!! I feel like it is promising though as I checked capital cycle and they only two gain shocks listed for the r80g/s. and looking at the details those two listings have the same item number HA-6002. It seems like if there were different springs based on your weight, then that should be an option on the checkout. I emailed hagon sales as well and hoping to get some feedback there. Ill keep you posted.
8jest is offline   Reply With Quote